How do I search for commodity codes?
When you selecting a commodity code using a descriptive word (s) and not numbers, you need to apply a wildcard symbol (an asterisk) before and after words (s) to ensure it is captured properly. To do this, please follow the steps listed below:
- Enter your commodity description with an asterisk before and after your description. Ex. *Office Furniture*
- Select Browse to publish results.
- Check all the results on the page you are interested in adding.
- Select Next at the bottom of the page to see the next 10 results.
- Continue steps 1 -4 until you have checked all the entries you are wanting to add.
- Select Ok to add them to your list.
Once you have added the desired commodity code(s) to your account, the addition will go into a pending status for approval. Once the commodity code(s) has been approved, you will receive an email notification confirming the commodity code(s) being added to your VSS account.