How do I reduce or liquidate a line amount for services on a CT or PO?
1. Find your Contract (CT) or Purchase Order (PO) and click on Edit to edit the document.
2. Navigate to the Commodity section of the document, then highlight the line you want to reduce.
3. Scroll down the page and locate the Open and Closed amounts.
a. If you have a closed amount of $0, then you can reduce the Contract Amount to $0, as no payments have gone out on the document.
b. If there is a closed amount on the line, you can only reduce the contract amount to what has already been paid. This amount is also detailed in the Closed Amount:
1. The Contract amount is located to the left of the Closed/Open Amounts. Lower the contract amount by the amount needed.
2. Navigate to the Accounting section, then lower the amount in the Line Amount section.
a. In cases where a commodity only has one accounting line, the Line Amount in the Accounting section should match what you have entered in the Contract Amount section of the Commodity section:
b. If you have more than one accounting line per commodity line, drop the line amount to whatever is in the Line Closed Amount field of the accounting line:
3. Validate and Submit the updated document.