What document type, event type, and posting code(s) do I use to record revenue and a receivable from another agency?

You would want to use a receivable to record this. You can utilize the RE to generate the revenue and the receivable on your books. Depending upon the specific transaction, you may want to use the misc vendor customer for the customer field on your RE.